Hello from Puerto Rico! We made it! As excited as I was for our getaway, I had been dreading the trip over here. Our flight was scheduled for 5:40am which basically meant no sleep for mama. I’m an insomniac and knew I wouldn’t be able to go to bed at a decent time, no matter how hard I tried. The luggages, carry-on bags, stroller, and car seat were all set to go packed neatly by the front door. I put Lucas to bed in his fancy pajamas so he was all set outfit wise (monkeys are fancy, right?) and he was snoozing by 9pm.  I showered, read for a while, but alas, like clockwork, I didn’t fall asleep until midnight. The alarm was set for 2am. Fun! When the dang thing finally went off (which felt like 5 minutes after I had closed my eyes) my mom and I scurried to gather the bags, get dressed, and seamlessly transfer the prince to his carseat. Btw – the hubby had to skip out on this trip but I’ll talk about that in another post. I already miss that man of mine so very much. Our car was already waiting for us downstairs and off we went. Once we arrived at the airport, check-in and security check were surprisingly easy. In less than 15 minutes we were inside and enjoying a coffee. Lucas was wide awake at this point. Equal parts confused, cranky, and energetic. Once we got to the gate it was packed – we were on a full flight. And by full flight, I mean a crap load of kids. Crying kids. All very pissed off at the parentals who decided an early flight would be a good idea. After watching 2 ladies traveling with 6 kids combined struggle to get to the front of line, I started to feel less sorry for myself. Heck, I only had one munchkin AND a grandma with me. The kicker? This little army wound up sitting directly in front of us. Curious George (ahem..Lucas) just had to see what was going on so instead of fussing, he spent the first 10 minutes of the flight creaking his neck in between the seats to check out all the kids. I swear he gave me a look that said “mom, what in the world is wrong with these kids. maybe their mamas should have dressed them in some monkeys. sheesh!” He drank his bottle and drifted off to sleep. No sleep sheep for this boy! Crying babies would have to make do 😉 Three hours later, a stiff neck for mommy, and nothing short of a miracle, he woke up just as the pilot announced our landing. Moral of the story? I was worried for nothing! Our little adventure went off without a hitch (I’m currently tossing some salt over my left shoulder). So now here we are. After a fabulous first day of exploring and swimming my boy is currently snoozing, and hopefully I won’t be to far behind.

1 Comment

  1. erica @ to the sea 06.07.2013

    Have fun! I really want to go there someday.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *